Terms and Conditions
1 DUTY OF CARE
Windsor Cat Sitting will ensure your cat:
- 1.1 Is treated with kindness, dignity and respect.
- 1.2 Your cat’s water will be changed upon every visit.
- 1.3 is fed and given companionship.
- 1.4 is made comfortable.
- 1.5 upon each visit the health and well-being of your cat is monitored.
- 1.6 the care of your feline friend is in line with the principles of the Animal Welfare Act 2006.
2 CAT HEALTH
You expressly agree that:
- 2.1 your cat(s) are free of transmittable cat infections.
- 2.2 your cat(s) flea / worm treatment is current and up-to-date.
- 2.3 your cat’s vaccinations and certificates are up-to-date and available to view at the time of consultation.
- 2.4 if you are not sure please check with your Veterinarian.
- 2.5 Cats whose health does not meet with the above expressed agreement will not be booked.
3 VET ALERTS
You agree to:
- 3.1 sign a veterinary release form authorising Windsor Cat Sitting to act on your behalf in the best interests of your cat during the period booked.
- 3.2 notify your Veterinarian of the signed veterinary release form and in your absence Windsor Cat Sitting will be caring for your feline friend for the period booked.
- 3.3 you are responsible for all veterinary costs incurred during the booked period of your absence.
- 3.4 pay for any veterinary costs over the phone, on-line with the vet’s practice or make arrangements with the vet for any post payments.
If there is a concern regarding the health of your cat Windsor Cat Sitting will:
- 4.1 try to contact you in the first instance and failing that: –
- 4.2 contact the number of your emergency contacts.
- 4.3 If your cat requires veterinary care I will transport your pet to your own veterinary practice or: –
- 4.4 due to either distance or opening hours your feline friend will attend the nearest surgery if the situation seems critical.
- 4.5 Emergency veterinary trips and additional caring time spent with your feline friend are charged per twenty-minute standard tariff cat visit rate.
5 CAT PROVISIONS
The cat owner is responsible for providing:
- 5.1 All medicine, food, treats, litter and anything else your cat will need during the entire length of your absence.
- 5.2 If items are not provided in sufficient quantities Windsor Cat Sitting will where possible purchase the same brand(s) at the nearest supermarket.
- 5.3 You will be informed of this at the time the situation arises.
- 5.4 Each trip to the supermarket will incur a five-pound fee plus cost of items purchased.
- 5.5 Incurred costs will be invoiced to you upon your return.
6 FELINE ACCIDENTS / SOILING / DISPOSAL
- 6.1 Windsor Cat Sitting will not be responsible for damage to your property caused by your cat(s): i.e. damage to furniture, personal belongings, carpets, rugs, doors, floors, plants or lawns caused by your cat(s) spraying, scratching, vomiting, urination or defecating.
- 6.2 Every reasonable attempt will be made by Windsor Cat Sitting to clean any mess or soiling caused by your cat(s) that are made and found during the period of your booked cat care visit.
- 6.3 All necessary cleaning materials and litter shall be made available by you, the owner, and to be made easily accessible for your cat carer to use.
- 6.4 Windsor Cat Sitting will on each visit remove any soiled cat litter / food pouches from your property which will be responsibly disposed of. Regrettably Windsor Cat Sitting cannot provide house cleaning or gardening services. Your property will be treated with respect and your home will be left as found at the beginning of the cat visit.
- 7.1 Please inform your insurers that someone will be visiting your home whilst you are away – if you do not this could invalidate your policies.
- 7.2 Windsor Cat Sitting has professional indemnity insurance, public liability insurance to the value of £5 million & insurance for care, custody and control.
- 8.1 Client’s keys will not have their address on them
- 8.2 Keys will be coded and held in locked secure storage
- 8.3 The client’s keys held in the interim will be returned once the client notifies Windsor Cat Sitting of their safe return and that no outstanding monies are owed to Windsor Cat Sitting for services rendered
9 CONFIDENTIALITY / PRIVACY
- 9.1 Your contract with Windsor Cat Sitting is a confidential matter
- 9.2 Client details will not be used for any purpose other than for the business of caring and wellbeing of their cat
- 9.3 Client privacy will be respected and maintained
- 9.5 If you have in-house security cameras Windsor Cat Sitting are more than happy to be filmed for security purposes but do not consent for the footage to be shared on social media.
10 PAYMENTS / FEES:
- 10.1 25% no-refundable deposit of the total cost on the day of booking
- 10.2 This deposit will confirm and secure the dates of your booking.
- 10.3 Full payment for all booked cat sitting services due: the residual amount owed to be received by Windsor Cat Sitting at a minimum seven days prior to the first date of the assigned visit.
- 10.4 Form of Payment: By bank transfer. Windsor Cat Sitting bank account details will be provided to you.
11 CANCELLATION AND NOTICE:
- 11.1 Fees are non-refundable should you decide to only part use a package – return early or depart later, this is also applicable to all booked dates and/or if you decided to cancel the whole booking at the last minute
- 11.2 all bookings include a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- 11.3 bookings cancelled seven to four days prior to the agreed visit start date incur an additional 25% of the total booking cost.
- 11.4 bookings cancelled three or less days prior to the agreed start date cat visit: are charged at 100% of the total cost of your booking.
- 11.5 In the unlikely event Windsor Cat Sitting has to cancel a booking as much notice as possible will be given and a full refund of monies paid will be returned.
- 11.6 A breach of the terms and conditions may result in cancellation of agreement.
- 11.7 Any refundable amounts due will be transferred into the client’s bank account within thirty days from the notice of cancellation.
As your Cat Carer I will meet with you and your cat in your own home. It is important at this stage you are happy with your cat’s response towards me and the service Windsor Cat Sitting will be providing you with.